Legal Question in Family Law in California

Is there anyway to ensure that I get full custody of my two daughters?

Asked on 1/11/13, 5:30 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, and if you mean without any visitation, it is not only impossible to ensure it, it is very unlikely. In fact it is the policy of the State of California to foster regular contact with both parents and a parent who tries to disrupt that without serious good cause for the safety of the children will often find primary custody awarded to the other parent.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/13, 6:21 pm
Brian McGinity McGinity Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Mr. McCormick has said it very well. The State of California generally wants the children to have regular contact with both parents. The consequences can be very severe when a parent tires to interfere with the other parents regular contact. It might help if you supply some background information. Someone might be able to supply you with additional information. The Court houses generally have family law facilitators offices and they have very generally information regarding this issue. You can also find a lot of information on the web regarding child custody and visitation for California.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 1/11/13, 7:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now