California  |  Family Law

Is there anyway to ensure that I get full custody of my two daughters?

Answered on: 1/11/13, 6:21 pm by Timothy McCormick

No, and if you mean without any visitation, it is not only impossible to ensure it, it is very unlikely. In fact it is the policy of the State of California to foster regular contact with both parents and a parent who tries to disrupt that without serious good cause for the safety of the children will often find primary custody awarded to the other parent.

Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services 201 Spear St., Suite 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105

Answered on: 1/11/13, 7:04 pm by Brian McGinity

Mr. McCormick has said it very well. The State of California generally wants the children to have regular contact with both parents. The consequences can be very severe when a parent tires to interfere with the other parents regular contact. It might help if you supply some background information. Someone might be able to supply you with additional information. The Court houses generally have family law facilitators offices and they have very generally information regarding this issue. You can also find a lot of information on the web regarding child custody and visitation for California.

Good luck

McGinity Law Office Alhambra Drive Cameron Park, 95682