California  |  Family Law

My ex-husband is using his court allowed vacation time with our children this summer. There was one day where the children were delivered late to him because our son was returning from camp. This was planned and he knew in advance that the children would not be available until the later time. Now he has made a unilateral decision to keep the children to make up the time and will not bring them back to me. They were due at 9:00 a.m. and he has stated that he will not return them until 3:15 p.m. Does time missed due to a planned activity get taken from the other parent as make up time? Is there anything I can do? Do you have an opinion as to how the courts may view this? To date, he pretty much does what he wants with no repercussions. Example: canceled court ordered life insurance, refuses to pay his share of court ordered child care costs, in arrears on medical co-pays and support, etc.

He is very litigious and we are in court often. There seems to be so many issues that a lot of this craziness gets overlooked.

Thank you.