Legal Question in Family Law in California

My ex-wife and I have been separated since October, and she changed her tax withholding to deliberately underpay her 2012 share of Federal taxes to pocket more. As a result we owe about $9,000 and she is refusing to pay her share. Three questions please;

1) What precedent in CA law exists about her having to pay her share?

2) Can someone confirm that this would at least qualify as Epstein credits?

3) As I'm going to have to borrow money to pay shouldn't she have to help repay that loan and interest

I'm happy to do my share but this is totally unfair.

Asked on 4/14/13, 8:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You don't change the amount of overall tax by altering withholding, you simply change the withholding. I don't know who told you that, but you have a fool doing your taxes.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/13, 2:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now