Legal Question in Family Law in California

Filed for divorce in 2011, had a mediation with other party and came to an agreement, drew up that paperwork sept 2012 and ex still refuses to sign them. I want the divorce what can I do now to finalize this and be divorcesd already.

Asked on 9/10/13, 9:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You don't have an enforceable agreement if your ex refuses to sign, and the court would say that was no agreement at all. You will have to proceed forward as though there is no agreement, and have the matter set for trial on the contested issues.

Read more
Answered on 9/11/13, 6:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88563 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now