Legal Question in Family Law in California

I am going through a horrible divorce. I have spent nine thousand dollars on my attorney who has withdrawn from my case because she wants another $3000.00 which I cannot afford. The judge has ordered me to pay $3000.00 for an attorney for my wife or else I will be held in contempt. I can't afford that. Am I going to go to jail for not being able to pay for my wife's lawyer? My lawyer said I could.

Asked on 9/16/13, 6:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 7:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now