California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/19/10, 2:14 pm

husband and i are going through divorce in california. i am currently in arizona. husband is telling me that i cannot come back to house where i l;ive and our kids live. we live with my inlaws who are renters. our names are not on lease however. can they tell me i cannot return to my home?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/24/10, 2:25 pm by Timothy McCormick

If you are not on the lease, yes they can. Sounds like you need to file for support and custody right away, while you find an apartment for you and your kids.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services 201 Spear St., Suite 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search