Legal Question in Family Law in California

my husband filed for divorce in dec I was served in jan. I never responded . never received anything back regarding the paperwork it's 9 months now. recently he mentioned to me you should of signed the papers I he should of followed through. are we divorced still married?

Asked on 9/01/13, 10:27 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It depends on whether he filed for a default. Check with the court.

Read more
Answered on 9/01/13, 10:38 pm
Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D .Kock APLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If he filed a default and divided property, you may have missed the deadline to ask to set aside the court judgment assuming you object to the property division.

Read more
Answered on 9/02/13, 7:11 am
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with Ms. Kock. Additionally, I add that you are not divorced until the judge signs the judgment that terminates your marital status. You will have to check with the court clerks where the divorce was filed to check that status.

Read more
Answered on 9/02/13, 8:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now