California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/15/11, 2:35 pm

My husband and I have been married 17 months. He retired July of this year. He left the house a month ago and has been living in a different town since then. Am I entitled to any alimony? He gets a pretty good pension from the state.

1 Answer

Answered on: 12/15/11, 2:38 pm by Timothy McCormick

You are entitled to support while married. If you get divorced, a 17-month marriage is not going to entitle you to any meaningful alimony, if any, and for 8-9 months at most.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services 201 Spear St., Suite 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search