Legal Question in Family Law in California

ex husband isn't paying the court order spousal support

Asked on 7/27/13, 8:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Waters Joseph Patrick Waters, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If someone is not obeying a court order, it is contempt of court. The court has the power to enforce its own orders. This can be through monetary sanctions, or even jail time. If you have to retain an attorney to help you enforce a support order, those attorneys fees are included in the sanctions.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/13, 11:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now