Legal Question in Family Law in California

Can my ex husband who has physical custody of our son pursue child support and attorney fees from my new husband I don't work.

Asked on 9/18/13, 12:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. He can, however, obtain an order that you find work or be imputed the income you would make if you found work, and an order that you pay support on that income or imputed income. At that point any money you and your husband have jointly could be levied to pay that support. In no case, however, would your new husband's income be included in the calculation of how much you would pay, except as it affected the calculation of taxes and deductions on your income or imputed income.

Read more
Answered on 9/18/13, 1:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now