California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/24/05, 1:55 pm

Interspousal Transfer Grant Deed

My wife signed a Interspousal Transfer Grant Deed to my property when we bought the house after marriage. Only my name exists on the title as a married man and his sole separate property. Now I am in the midst of a divorce and would like to know if the transfer grant deed protects me. The grant deed mentions that she has granted all community interest and title to me (the grantee). I believe that transmutation has occured legally, however can she still claim any community interest since the mortgage was paid from community funds? If so, how do I compute the community interest? I appreciate any guidance you could give me in this matter. Thanks very much!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search