Legal Question in Family Law in California

I left my husband a month ago , he is stationed in germany. can i file for summary dissolution if i havent been technically living here (california)the past six years or can i only file separation?we paid california state and federal taxes this past year. And he mentioned something called ERD (early return of dependents). does this qualify as spousal support? If i waive my spousal support rights can we still recieve ERD?

You don't have to live here for six (6) years to file for divorce. Either you or your spouse must have lived in California for the last 6 months, AND the county where you plan to file the divorce for the last 3 months.

Some good information on the Summary Dissolution process is here: http://www.courts.ca.gov/1241.htm

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California