Legal Question in Family Law in California

I left my husband a month ago , he is stationed in germany. can i file for summary dissolution if i havent been technically living here (california)the past six years or can i only file separation?we paid california state and federal taxes this past year. And he mentioned something called ERD (early return of dependents). does this qualify as spousal support? If i waive my spousal support rights can we still recieve ERD?

Asked on 9/13/13, 10:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You don't have to live here for six (6) years to file for divorce. Either you or your spouse must have lived in California for the last 6 months, AND the county where you plan to file the divorce for the last 3 months.

Some good information on the Summary Dissolution process is here:

Read more
Answered on 9/13/13, 10:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now