California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/23/03, 2:16 pm

lein for non-payment of alimony


Have a major problem getting ex-husband to honor divorce agreement, specifically alimony payments. How do I go about finding proper forms and instuction for putting a lein against my ex-husband for non-payment of alimony?

Financially strapped,need help!


2 Answers

Answered on: 7/23/03, 2:41 pm by Brian Levy, Esq.

Reply: lein for non-payment of alimony

There are several ways to do this. However, you do not put a lien against your ex husband, you lien his property. You can also get to his wages, real estate and bank account(s).

I suggest that you consult with an experienced family law lawyer. Experience is not expensive, it's priceless!

You will find some valuable information on various family law issues at my web site.

Good luck to you!

Brian Levy, Esq.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Brian Don Levy 908 S. Village Oaks Drive Suite 200 Covina, CA 91724-3676

Other answers from this attorney

Answered on: 7/23/03, 6:12 pm by E. Daniel Bors Jr.

Re: lein for non-payment of alimony

Dear Inquirer:

Nothing herein shall create an attorney-client relationship, unless a written retainer agreement is executed by the attorney and client. This communication contains general information only. Nothing herein shall constitute an attorney-client communication nor legal advice. There likely are deadlines and time-limits associated with your case; you should contact an attorney of your choice for legal advice specific to your personal situation, at once.

If you haven't already done so, please visit my

web site at --

The site contains quite a bit of general information about California Family Law, Tenants' Rights, and Juvenile Dependencies, as well as information about me (education, experience, et cetera) and my office (location, hours, fees, policies).


If by "divorce agreement" you mean a judgment, you can collect just like any other judgment (by wage assignment, etc).

Thanks for sharing your interesting inquiry with us on LawGuru, and good luck with your case.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney & Counselor At Law 24422 Avenida De La Carlota, Suite 310 Laguna Hills, CA 92653-3638

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search