California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/19/13, 1:25 pm

I live in San Diego, CA and am thinking about filing for legal and physical custody of daughter. My kid's dad hasn't seen her in 2 yrs (he hasn't wanted to) and lives in Texas, but has told me he's moving back to San Diego in a month or so. I am wondering if I should take advantage of him living out of state and file now, or if it will be best to wait till he moves here. He will not contest the custody papers.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search