Legal Question in Family Law in California

Medical Insurance

My ex-husband was court ordered many years ago to provide insurance for our children. He did this for a few years, then one day he notified me that he could no longer afford to carry medical insurance. I was able to add the children to my policy, and made an agreement with him to pay the difference. He did this for several months, and then just stopped. I got another court order for him to pay me for this insurance and he has not done so on a regular basis. What can I do to collect back and current reimbursement? I collect my child support through the Office of Child Support Services. They tell me they can not collect the medical insurance payment.

Thank you!

Asked on 4/18/06, 10:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Medical Insurance

You may file a contempt of court motion in the child support case. Serve it on Father and on the department. You should be able to get some action that way. I don't understand why they don't simply add the cost of insurance to the dissomaster and have it become "additional child support". That they can collect.

Read more
Answered on 4/19/06, 4:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now