Legal Question in Family Law in California

if you have a minor child that is 17 years old and has graduated high school and moves to another state to work and go to college does that child still have to follow court order visitations and custody status. the step father has physical custody and i, the biological mother, have visitations every other weekend, holidays and vacations from school, and i live in las vegas and he lives in california. the arraignment was for school purposes because this was her senior year and i didnt want to pull her out of school when i moved. but now that she graduted she doesnt want to go back over there, does she have to?????

Asked on 6/01/13, 12:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, until she turns 18 or you get a court order changing the existing court order.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/13, 10:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now