Legal Question in Family Law in California

Order to show cause

If respondent does not appear at court hearing for ''order to show cause''. Can respondent's attorney stand in on his behalf? It was always stated to me, that if respondent does not appear then it is contempt of court. When is it not considered a contempt?

Asked on 4/14/08, 4:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip Lemmons, Esq. Phillip Lemmons APC, Attorneys at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Order to show cause

respondent's attorney can of course make an appearance. he or she will likely request and receive a continuance. he or she can't testify on behalf of his or her client.

Read more
Answered on 4/14/08, 9:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now