California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/24/13, 7:58 am

In my original divorce decree it states that my ex husband can claim our sons for tax purposes as long as he is current on all the obligations stated in our divorce decree. I have already had to take my ex husband back to court for contempt. He is suppose to be paying back child support and other payments he decided not to make and currently in contempt again for not making those payments and deciding upon himself that child support will go down due to our oldest child turning 18, though he lawyer put in a motion to modify using old salary numbers. My question is this. Come next tax season would I be able to claim my sons for tax purposes? They rarely see their father and when I made this agreement there were alot of factors in place. One my ex was getting scary with alot of threats and crazy actions and we both lived in the same state. We have both since moved out of Florida and he doesnt bother with anyone of the kids other than my 14 year old son. Any insight would be helpful.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search