Legal Question in Family Law in California

My ex owes me a substantial amount in community property separation dollars that were agreed to in our divorce settlement in California. He stopped making any kind of payments (partial/full) and went into hiding in Wisconsin. I believe I have found him there and he has since remarried. Can I go after him for the money I am owed? I fear that I may spook him back into hiding if I were to try to communicate with him. This stems from a divorce in 2001. He stopped communicating with me in 2005 I believe.

Asked on 6/21/13, 8:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can enforce your marital dissolution judgment, but the question is not necessarily knowing where he is at any specific time, but whether or not he has assets that you can attach to satisfy the outstanding judgment. You may want to repost in Wisconsin's section, or speak to an attorney in Wisconsin to see what can be domesticated there and enforced.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/13, 6:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now