Legal Question in Family Law in California

My ex has been paying me alimony for almost 2 years and only has 3 payments more to go. He sent me a certified mail letter saying he is deducting money he claims I owed him and now is stopping my full payment and just paying me what he has determined he owes me and will not be paying me anymore. His secretary is the one who sends out the alimony check. What can I do?

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D .Kock APLC

Unless your existing order allows for these deductions, your ex is in violation of the spousal support order. You may consider sending him a demand letter advising him you will return to court requesting the balance due plus monitory sanctions for having to file the motion if he does not pay the difference owed by a specified due date.

Gary R. White Burton & White

You should consult with a family law attorney, who can give you specific legal advice after reviewing your papers. I am available to do so and the initial telephone consultation will be free.

If you would like my assistance, give me a call at 916-925-6005.

Nothing gets the deficient spouse's attention like and Order to Show Cause re: contempt.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California