Legal Question in Family Law in California

im representing myself, i ran out of money to pay my lawyer after the bill hit 12,000 and they dropped me, we are only now at the trial setting conference im being sued for divorce and im paying alimony and child suport for two children, im in court tomorrow, can i request to have my support and alimony changed at this time as well due to a medical condition, and if i can when and how do i go about it

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

The issue of a modification of support must be placed before the court by a written motion. It is important to file the motion as soon as possible as the court cannot modify support after the date it becomes due, except after a motion for modification is filed.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California