California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/17/13, 8:42 pm

im representing myself, i ran out of money to pay my lawyer after the bill hit 12,000 and they dropped me, we are only now at the trial setting conference im being sued for divorce and im paying alimony and child suport for two children, im in court tomorrow, can i request to have my support and alimony changed at this time as well due to a medical condition, and if i can when and how do i go about it

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/18/13, 10:10 am by Lyle Johnson

The issue of a modification of support must be placed before the court by a written motion. It is important to file the motion as soon as possible as the court cannot modify support after the date it becomes due, except after a motion for modification is filed.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law 152 N. Third Street, Suite 550 San Jose, CA 95112

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search