Legal Question in Family Law in California

Am I responsible to pay for half of my child's therapy costs? I was not originally consulted about my child seeing a therapist, had no say in who was chosen to treat my child, the therapist is not on my PPO list (my primary insurance), my ex allowed sessions beyond theo maximum # allowed for the year (I had little knowledge since the ex has primary legal) we share physical custody. I pay child support and my ex's income is substantially greater than mine.

Asked on 12/19/11, 1:59 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Not necessarily. It depends on what your judgment states.


Read more
Answered on 12/19/11, 2:15 pm
Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There are statutory provisions that require use of available insurance and for notice of claims for unreimbursed expenses within 30 days of the charges.

Read more
Answered on 12/20/11, 4:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now