Legal Question in Family Law in California

I have a restraining order against me from an ex-girlfriend. Both parties have been complying with the order with no issues. It's come to my attention that she has moved into my neighborhood where I have been residing for the last year and she now lives 6 doors down from me. Since we have had no contact in the last 16 months I am certain she has no clue that I live in this neighborhood let alone 6 doors down. The terms are very specific. Neither of us can be within 500 ft of contact with each other. We are now less than that due to the proximity of our locations of residence. Do I call or visit the police department and file a report or do I sit still and hope that nothing comes of it. The restraining order expires November 25th 2013. Like I said, their have been no violations of the order and I intend to keep it that way.

You're both already violating the order by your own admission. It's just a matter of time until you get caught. Don't you think the judge would be skeptical of the fact that you live so close together completely by accident?

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

If you see her, turn around and walk the opposite direction. Do not walk in front of her residence, even if it means going around the block. You could go back to court. The liklihood is that the judge would modify the order to 100 feet,

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California