Legal Question in Family Law in California

I was served with an order tO show cONtempt. If I pay the judgment before the court date do I still need to appear?

Asked on 11/06/11, 2:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, and you should get an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, you can ask the court to appoint one for you for the purpose of the contempt hearing. Make sure that your attorney knows and has copies of the proof that you paid the judgment.

Read more
Answered on 11/09/11, 1:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now