California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/31/13, 10:00 am

What happens if my ex doesn't show up at the RFO hearing and she filed an incomplete/unsigned response? I filed an RFO to terminate spousal support because my ex has been lying to the court about cohabiting with her boyfriend and her job search efforts (a Seek Work order and Gavron warning have been in place for over a year). I provided extensive proof of her lies. When she got her copy she contacted me asking to make an agreement outside of court. Very unusual for her-she is usually extremely overconfident and cocky. I think she is afraid she will have to explain her lies in court and wants to avoid it. My copy of the response she filed was unsigned and incomplete. I responded and pointed that out, asking for it to be excluded. What happens if she fails to show up at the hearing?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search