Legal Question in Family Law in California

What steps do i take to adopt a child i have guardianship of in modesto ca.

Asked on 11/06/11, 2:44 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Schneider Family Law Center
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You file for an independent adoption under probate code sect, 1516.5 along with the petitions for Freedom. I highly suggest you do this with an experienced adoption attorney. Consequently, you will be paying the state $4,500 to do their investigation. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/11, 9:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now