California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/20/11, 10:54 pm

I Have submited the paperwork for a legal seperation and will be serving the paperwork to my wife tomorrow. Our hearing is Jan. the 8th. I do not have the money to afford a lawyer and will be representing myself. She has custody of my son at the moment and is not letting me see him but maybe once a week if that for a few hours. Which is why I have decided to get have the custody the hearing. The hearing for seperation will be in 6 months or so. How should I prepare/ what do I need to take with me to the hearing? I want joint custody. He needs his mother as much as me. I want this to be fair. But I don't want to get screwed either.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search