Legal Question in Family Law in California

I Have submited the paperwork for a legal seperation and will be serving the paperwork to my wife tomorrow. Our hearing is Jan. the 8th. I do not have the money to afford a lawyer and will be representing myself. She has custody of my son at the moment and is not letting me see him but maybe once a week if that for a few hours. Which is why I have decided to get have the custody the hearing. The hearing for seperation will be in 6 months or so. How should I prepare/ what do I need to take with me to the hearing? I want joint custody. He needs his mother as much as me. I want this to be fair. But I don't want to get screwed either.

Gary R. White Burton & White

Without an attorney and without knowledge about the correct way to proceed and what is required it is not likely that you will be successful. Looking at a Nolo Press book or visiting your local law library could help.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California