California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/25/09, 11:25 am

I was told by my Ex partner that she went to the courthouse and filed a TRO against me. But I have yet to be served with the papers. If I do not get served the TRO does not take effect and I do not have to appear in court until I am served correct?

Thank you for your time...

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/31/09, 1:32 pm by James Chau

You should wait until you are served with the TRO before you can oblige by its orders. However, they have minimum notice requirements to serve you, you can be served 5 days before the hearing if they have trouble locating you.

The family law facilitator in your local county can help self represented individuals.

Please contact an attorney in your area prior to taking any legal action.

Good luck,

Law Offices James Chau

181 Devine St.

San Jose, CA. 95110

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices James Chau 1625 The Alameda Suite 204 San Jose, CA 95126

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search