California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/06/13, 6:32 pm

Can I use unpaid child support againt someone so they won't be able to get legal custody over my child?

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/06/13, 7:46 pm by Timothy McCormick

Nope. No way no how. Other than the fact that custodial time is a factor in the support calculation formula, custody and support are totally separate. In fact one if the few things that will pretty much automatically get a family court judge reversed and reprimanded by the court of appeals is if they consider support issues in deciding custody.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services 201 Spear St., Suite 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search