California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/16/13, 5:29 pm

My wife and I split up over a year ago. In this time we had our first son Caleb. She did not let me be apart of anything including his birth. There are no court papers, restraining orders nothing giving her custody of him. She has now filed for divorce and tells me when and where and for how long I can see my son.I understand that he is only 9mo old and needs mom but now she is telling me her attorney (her uncle) is telling her not to let me see him until the court has a say. Can she do this? Can her attorney do this? I have no past of anger or hurting him in anyway at all.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search