Legal Question in Family Law in California

About a year ago my wife had a mental breakdown and she took off for France. After a few months, I filed for divorce in California. And she did the same in France. For various unrelated reasons, I agreed to the foreign jurisdiction. But now what happens? Do I need to withdraw or cancel the CA petition? Or inform the Court that it has been relocated for completion elsewhere? And how does that work? What needs to be filed in the USA to close this case?

Asked on 7/16/13, 6:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Depending on the current status of the petition for dissolution, you would most likely file a request for dismissal. I'd have to be clear on the status in California to be sure.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/13, 1:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now