California  |  Medical Leave

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/28/12, 12:52 pm

My dad is very confused and loosing memorie. He knows who I am but does not know where he is or much of anything else. I am looking for power of attorney of his finical accounts to help with bills and such. Would the public Notary have to see him sign the paper and than make sure he is of sound mind? If not, than does he have to be taken to court to have judge give me the P.of A? I live 13 hrs away, would I have to be around for any of this or can I do this all over phone? He is in a care home at this time. Thank you so much for your time!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search