Legal Question in Federal Tort Claims in California

A probate attorney told me that a "trust and estate are the only ones that would have legal standing to bring a lawsuit against the doctors." Is this true?

Asked on 3/14/13, 4:12 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joel Selik
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Depending on the case A Guardian At Litem may be able to.

Read more
Answered on 3/14/13, 7:59 am
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You have misunderstood what was said, or they didn't understand what to do.

A medical malpractice suit could be brought, if timely, by the injured person or his Guardian/Conservator if he is alive, or by his heirs and estate if he died. If you can prove malpractice, and are timely [within a year] of learning of the malpractice and 'injury', and are the qualified person to bring the case, feel free to contact me to discuss the facts, evidence, etc.

Read more
Answered on 3/14/13, 11:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Federal Tort Claims Act Litigation questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now