Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

9 months ago friend of mine offered to finance a car for me due to a lack of credit history on my part. the original cost was 9000 dollars of which I have already paid down 7000 of it. The car is in her name but the payments and insurance for the car has all been paid through me. I am about to make the final payment on the car which she will then receive the title for the vehicle. Is there any legal standing that I have if she decided to not give me the car and demand that I give it to her?

Asked on 9/22/13, 9:05 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It would be nice if you had a written agreement.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/13, 7:20 am
Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Pick up vehicle ownership transfer papers from your local DMV. Have her sign them when youare making your final payment so you can get the title.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/13, 10:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now