Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

In 1996 I was sued in small claims court by a self employed certified shorthand repoter for stopping payment on a check to her because it was replete with errors and missing an entire page. I countersued her in small claims. The countersuit alleged "monetary damages due to negligent failure to submit by their due dates trial transcripts of audio taped trial testimony, thus necessitating payment of expedite fees to a different transcriber." The trial date kept getting postponed. We finally went to trial in march 1997 on our sixth trial date. I massacred my opponent. The judge sat on the case for about 21 days and gave the plaintiff most of what she asked for. The judge did agree that I was overcharged from the outset. I received nothing on my countersuit. The small claims judge DID NOT sign her judgement. Qustion: Was the small claims judgement even valid?

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

After this many years I would forget it and move on

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

You did not "massacre" your opponent. You lost. The time for an appeal is over. The judgment is valid.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms