Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

Cannibalism

Is there any law against eating ''Human Flesh''

Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE

Re: Cannibalism

I suppose it depends on where you obtain your supply of human flesh.

Most people are quite unwilling to be eaten; involuntary gustation of another human being can be prosecuted under the laws that prohibit homicide, battery, and/or mayhem. If you ate a fellow passenger on your wrecked aircraft, deep in the Peruvian rainforest with no alternative source of nourishment, call me and I'll put on a necessity defense for a fair price.

Then there are people who don't mind being gobbled up, like the German fellow who was able to persuade someone to let him eat his... never mind. Unfortunately, even if you were to find someone willing to be eaten, in whole or in part, the criminal law does not recognize an individual's capacity to consent to such and you would be subject to prosecution you for murder, mayhem, etc. even if you had a signed, notarized consent from the person eaten.

Finally, you could conceivably eat your own flesh, and you could make the argument that it's your flesh and, by gum, you have the Constitutional right to engage in self-cannibalism. This option could possibly be painful, could result in permanent injury or disability, and would land you in the nut house -- quite deservedly.

Re: Cannibalism

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms