Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

Extending Court Date

If someone has a certain court date, ordered by the judge, is it possible to get an extension (2 weeks) for that court date, and if so should that person appear before the judge in court before the original court date to ask the judge for the extension, or can he file an extension without appearing before the judge?

Thank You.

Asked on 9/15/01, 4:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ken Koury Kenneth P. Koury, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Extending Court Date

a judge can grant an extension any time under any circumstances but policies vary. The best person to ask is the judge’s clerk.

Read more
Answered on 10/26/01, 2:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now