Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

How do I file a lien against a business which owes me over $30,000? The person is a principal of a bail bonds business in Los Angeles. Am I able to collect principle and interest?

Asked on 4/18/12, 8:48 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Herb Fox Law Office of Herb Fox
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unless you have a written agreement that provides you with a security interest in the borrower's property or business, you are not entitled to a lien until and unless you sue and obtain a judgment or otherwise reach an agreement with the borrower.

I recommend that you consult with an attorney about your rights

Read more
Answered on 4/18/12, 9:56 am
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

By suing and getting a judgment. For that amount, you file suit in small claims court.

Read more
Answered on 4/18/12, 12:29 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I don't know what Mr. Nelson is smoking, but stay away from it. You don't sue in small claims court for $30,000.00. That is an unlimited civil case.

Read more
Answered on 4/20/12, 5:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now