Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

I am filing and serving an unlimited civil complaint and summons on Monday and having a friend serve the individuals and entities. There seems to be a few proof of service forms to choose from. Can you tell me which forms to use 10, 20 or 40 etc? Thanks

Asked on 10/25/13, 6:25 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You are courting a sure disaster. You are filing an unlimited civil case pro ore and graving a friend who has no idea what the service rules are try to serve the defendant.. I would think you want 010.. If you have looked at the forms you would notice that most of the others have a notice right on it that it is not to be used for service of summons and complaint. If you are this lost now you won't survive demurrer

Read more
Answered on 10/25/13, 11:02 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You use the POS-010 form, it is a mandatory form. You can access it here:

Read more
Answered on 10/26/13, 12:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now