Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

How do I find where the defendant is working?

I won a money judgment in a small claim case and plan to garnish the wages of the defendant.

Asked on 5/01/13, 9:38 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kristine Karila Law Office of Kristine S. Karila
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can send the defendant a questionnaire which asks about his/her assets, job, etc. See the court website for info regarding the form and you may be able to get an order for a debtor's exam in which the defendant will be ordered to appear in court and answer your asset questions under oath and bring documents - bank records (you can levy their bank accounts), tax returns, etc. If they own real property, you can place a lien on their house. You can also follow them from their house to work in the morning or have a friend or investigator do so.

Read more
Answered on 5/02/13, 9:27 am
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you don't already know how to find the defendant, you can hire an asset trace company. Find them on the internet.

If you know where the defendant is, you can do as Ms. Karita suggested.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/13, 4:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now