California  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/12/13, 11:37 am

I was in jail. While there I received a tax refund of over $8,000 in the mail. My baby's mother kept the check and refused to release my car to me or allow me to see my daughter until I signed the check over to her. I felt cornered so I did. Now, I'm nearly homeless trying to get back on my feet and really could use the money to get a new start and support myself and my daughter. Do I have any claim on the tax refund now?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search