California  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/07/13, 9:32 am

I am currently on unemployment after being laid off. My unemployment benefits recently ran out and while speaking with the the unemployment department to determine if I am eligible for an extension, I learned that the company I was laid off by (located in California) reported that I earned wages from them in 2013 in Illinois (the state I currently live in). This is fraudulent, as they are in California. I believe they reported something fraudulent in order to not pay my unemployment benefits.

Is there anything that can be done?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search