California  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/03/13, 4:12 pm

In an Unlimited Civil (Defamation) case (against my H.O.A.,, for printing untrue statements about me in a newsletter), I served opposing counsel with Form Interrogatories about a month ago. They responded with very little info. Now I amended my complaint and added few newer causes of actions.

My 1st question (of 3) is: Since Im conducting Discovery, Do I have to serve them with another Form Interrogatories (re: amended complaint), or wait till they (if they want to) voluntarily supplement, or do I serve them with a Request for Supplement Answers. I know I couldve filed a motion to compel, but I just amended my complaint.

2nd question: (Re: Serving them), I live in Orange County (CA), and Defendants' counsel is in San Diego county, but they have branches all of over Southern California, and one here close to me in Orange County.

If I wanted to personally serve them with Discovery/Motions/etc. in person, would it be OK for me to serve Defendants' counsel's co-worker/lawyer (of the same law firm) in the law firm branch that is close to me (O.C.), or do I have to serve them in their other office in San Diego (where he works), which is about 200 miles farther from me.

3rd question: After I amend my complaint and filed it in court & got a court filed stamped Summons of First Amended Complaint (and the F.A.C. stamped)do I have to serve them on opposing counsel personally, or can I mail it to them first class.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search