California  |  Civil Litigation

In an unlimted civil case, in Southern Californai, Defendant's counsel served me (by mail) with Demand For Production of Documents For Inspection and Copying.

I know I have 30 days to respond (actually 35 days, because they send their demand by mail).

Defendant's counsel wants me to personally appear at their law firm at 10:00 AM on Wednesday May 22, 2013 (which will be the 35th day, and last day for me to serve them with my response, from when I was served with their Demand by mail), and show them my documents.

Most of their demands are vague and Im unable to respond properly, because they dont specify which incident they refer to, because I alleged 10 different causes of actions with different incidents.

Do I have to personally appear at their firm with my objections (since they scheduled a time & date for me to appear at their firm for them copying & inspection), or can I just mail by objections/responses on that 35th and final day to serve my responses?