Legal Question in Health Care Law in California

My grandfather goes in for dialysis 3 times a week. Monday Wednesday, and Fridays. Last week Friday Oct. 4th he went in for his the normal procedure of dialysis and when my mom went to pick him up, his bicep part of the arm was swollen to the size of a melon. This was not normal, never has happened before. They said to just ice it, and it will not cause any problems moving forward. My grandfather had said that the nurse that performed the dialysis procedure put him in a lot of pain, and he said that the nurse did a lot to his arm that was out of the normal. Later on that night my grandfather informed me that it was still causing him lots of pain, and discomfort. It also started causing him to be disoriented, and causing him to feel light headed, so my mother took him to the ER. They ran tests such as an EKG, ultrasound, and CT scans, and later informed us that he had an irregular heart beat and it was caused from his arm. I wanted to know what I can do legally with the hospital legally. Because of this issue, it has caused my 84 year old grandfather to have to be in a hospital overnight and have to be in a rehabilitation center. This is something we should not be going through, and is all because the dialysis center did not perform their job correctly.

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

The liability portion of your grandfather's case maybe Ok. However, the damages doesn't look like sufficient for an action.

More Health Care Law questions and answers in California

Health Care Law Legal Forms