Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

my boyfriend has a visa and a visitors permit. He overstayed and got a high school diploma and a drivers license. he is living back in tijuana now but he wants a student visa (an M visa) to study at a vocational school for 9 months, what is the best way to go about that?

Asked on 9/10/13, 10:33 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He needs a consultation with a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 9/11/13, 9:24 am
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Generally, if a person overstays their admission period for 180-364 days, they are barred from re-entering the U.S. for 3 years. An overstay of 365 days or more bars them for 10 years.

He should have an experienced immigration attorney review the facts of his case, to see if he is even eligible for admission to the United States at this point.

Read more
Answered on 9/11/13, 2:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now