Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

i want to know how i can bring my grandmother over to the U.S am 17 years old and i know i have to wait till am 18 but i want her to come to my graduation on June 12 and i am joining the Navy but i really would want to bring my grandmother over on that day?

Asked on 11/03/13, 3:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A person cannot petition a grandparent for U.S. legal permanent residency. She can, however, apply for a B-2 (visitor) visa to attend your graduation. She will need to contact the U.S. Embassy closest to her for more information.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/13, 9:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88403 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Charles AspinwallCharles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLCLos Lunas, NM
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now