Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I am a u.s. husband is has deportation papers,due to his crime he committed in 1991. We don't have the date to be deported yet but since I am a u.s. citizen can't he apply for a green card?

Asked on 4/23/13, 8:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bill Klein Law Office of Bill Travis Klein
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It depends on the crime, how he entered the U.S., when you were married and other detailed information. I assume he has never had a green card. In any case, you are strongly advised to talk with an Immigration Attorney immediately and show him your husband's court documents and immigration papers. The attorney can walk you through the process and advise you on his options to avoid deportation.

Read more
Answered on 4/23/13, 10:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now