Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

divorse on K-1 Visa

Hello!

I'm going to divorse my husband(or he will apply first) . He is an American citizen. I'm here on k-1 Visa. On November, 7 it was 6 months after i got my conditional Green Card. Will it affect my immigrational process in case of divorse, what might happen with me? Is he able to do something to organize my departure(a letter to INS,for example)?

We got married in August, 16th.

Thank you so much.

P.S. Sorry if I made some mistakes.

Re: divorse on K-1 Visa

Hi,

If you divorce him after the receipt of your conditional green card, you will need to file a waiver application when or before removing your conditional status.

The purpose of the waiver application is to show that marriage was bonafide when incepted but things didn't work out while you were married. Normally such waivers are treated fairly by the immigration and you could save the green card this way.

We hadle many petitions of this nature anbd will be happy to oofer a free consultation to evaluate your case. Call me at 619 819 92 04 or email info@h1b.biz

Jacob

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California