Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

My EAD status has been expired for over a year and i am renewing my status as being married. Will this make the process easier than from when i first started?

Asked on 8/04/12, 3:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you are referring to obtaining your new EAD, then the answer is "no". The process of obtaining an EAD with your I-485 filing will be processed the same, regardless of whether or not you had an EAD through F-1 status or some other means of eligibility previously.

If you have questions regarding obtaining U.S. permanent residency through marriage, I would need to know more about your prior &/or current immigration status.

Please feel free to contact me if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Read more
Answered on 8/04/12, 6:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now